<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

rachel's tears 

wat an inspiring book! just recently finished reading this - and if you haven’t read it i recommend it!

its about a girl who's life was taken when there were shootings at her school in Columbine. this story, told by her parents, tells of rachel's life and her attitude to others and towards God, letters and excerpts from her private journals show her imense closeness to God, and how in the leading up to her death, she is somehow prepared for what is about to happen.

these are just some excerpts from her journal:

'I am not going to apoligize for speaking the name of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put into me. If I have to sacrifice everything...I will.'

'This will be my last year Lord. I have gotten what I can. Thank you.'

That last qoute was taken from an entry written just eleven months before the tragedy. I find it so amazing that she knew it was her last year and yet she was not fearful but thankful. this is another quote in which she senses the end is near:

'just passing by
just coming thru
Not staying long
i always knew
This home I have
will never last'

Its amazing how God speaks to Rachel throughout her short life and how she responds to His calling . Rachel was just an ordinary teenage girl who experienced many things, she was mocked for her beliefs, doubted her faith at times, and constantly struggled with personal issues, but God used her in such a way that she is an inspiration to others.

God uses even the smallest things in us to glorify His name, amazing hey? Just by being who we are and doing what we do, God uses us to reach out to people, we may not even realise that we are doing it! We just need to keep asking God to use us in whatever way He wants us to...'If you give your life to Jesus, you will find true life' (luke 9:23-26)

louicat xx

ps. u may want to look at these websites

www.columbineredemption.com
www.racheljoyscott.com

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?