Monday, August 16, 2004
I'm back!
Summer School – the most amazing week of my life!
The theme for the week was ‘Mission’.
Mission Impossible – we often limit God’s ways by deciding for ourselves what is and isn’t possible. We must remember that our God is a God of miracles!
Mission Improbable – we convince ourselves we are not the one to do what God is asking of us, we think there’s someone better for the job. We must remember that God has chosen us and that He will equip us for what is ahead (Ephesians 6:10-18).
Mission Unthinkable – going where we don’t belong. Remember that God will be with us always.
Mission Incredible – it’s all about living out God’s mission in our lives.
Mission Possible – with God anything and everything is possible!!
Mission was one of my main studies for the week, which I found really beneficial. It really made me think so much about God’s will for my life and what He’s doing right now in my life. We looked at our spiritual gifts, our passions and our style, and how these combined together, and how we are, and could be, using them for our missions. Whether that be in our own church, abroad, in our community or just simply within our own homes. I believe our whole life is a mission, whatever we do.
Over the week I have really been focusing on discovering what God is calling us to do, and I personally have gained an insight, but as the week has gone on, God has made one thing clear to me; the most important calling of all is to worship God, to adore Him, to love Him with all the heart, when we do that, everything else will come in its rightful time and place.
This week I really believe God has spoken to so many people in such a powerful way. I have witnessed the most amazing worship, people so free, people so united, people so supportive of each other, I’ve never experienced anything quite so powerful!
I would ask for your prayers, that this would not be just an experience, but so much more, God has great things planned, please pray that we would keep moving forward and that the bond we formed over this past week would not be broken by distance. The devil is trying to take away our joy - he's been trying all week, we aren't going to let him! Please pray that we would be strong!
The theme for the week was ‘Mission’.
Mission Impossible – we often limit God’s ways by deciding for ourselves what is and isn’t possible. We must remember that our God is a God of miracles!
Mission Improbable – we convince ourselves we are not the one to do what God is asking of us, we think there’s someone better for the job. We must remember that God has chosen us and that He will equip us for what is ahead (Ephesians 6:10-18).
Mission Unthinkable – going where we don’t belong. Remember that God will be with us always.
Mission Incredible – it’s all about living out God’s mission in our lives.
Mission Possible – with God anything and everything is possible!!
Mission was one of my main studies for the week, which I found really beneficial. It really made me think so much about God’s will for my life and what He’s doing right now in my life. We looked at our spiritual gifts, our passions and our style, and how these combined together, and how we are, and could be, using them for our missions. Whether that be in our own church, abroad, in our community or just simply within our own homes. I believe our whole life is a mission, whatever we do.
Over the week I have really been focusing on discovering what God is calling us to do, and I personally have gained an insight, but as the week has gone on, God has made one thing clear to me; the most important calling of all is to worship God, to adore Him, to love Him with all the heart, when we do that, everything else will come in its rightful time and place.
This week I really believe God has spoken to so many people in such a powerful way. I have witnessed the most amazing worship, people so free, people so united, people so supportive of each other, I’ve never experienced anything quite so powerful!
I would ask for your prayers, that this would not be just an experience, but so much more, God has great things planned, please pray that we would keep moving forward and that the bond we formed over this past week would not be broken by distance. The devil is trying to take away our joy - he's been trying all week, we aren't going to let him! Please pray that we would be strong!
Comments:
Post a Comment