Tuesday, May 02, 2006
ROOTS 06 - Metamorphosis
Greetings! Its the day after the weekend before! Got back around tea-time yesterday from Roots, completely knackered! Think I need another holiday now..lol. Anyway, I'm still tired and can't be bothered to go into things in too much depth, and a lot of it I'm working through in my head anyway. To be honest when I was at Roots I didn't think I got much out of it, not as much as I was hoping for, but today I've been thinking a lot; like I said I didn't receive what I was hoping for, but then maybe that's not what I needed? What has dawned on me after this weekend will stand me in better stead for the rest of this year than any momentary encounter with God would have done, I can't say I felt God move in any spectacular way, I knew God was there, I could see that, but I couldn't feel it as much as I so desperately wanted to, but its nothing to beat myself up about. I can't say I've ever encountered God in a mind blowing way in my life, I remember a particular occasion when I felt God really close, and I guess its that feeling I'm looking for again, but I know its not all about feeling God, sometimes we just have to believe, even if we really are struggling to sense Jesus in our lives.
Roots highlighted my struggle in my spiritual life, but I don't want to take this as a negative, even though I am struggling, I know God is in my life, for he's living in those around me, I see Jesus in the people closest to me, they are my hope. God places people in my life just where I need them, just when I need them. His presence is not lost, my outlook is a positive one, I just need encouragement to persevere. Anyway I just want to thank God for one extremely special person, and that is my darling Steevy, your timing in my life couldn't be more perfect, therefore I know you're God given as we all know you're far from perfect :p but I love you, and to me you are just perfect (I do apologies if that's too sentimental for any of you out there, but what can I say, I'm feeling rather loved up!)
Anyway, I have some great pictures of our weekend away which when I have collected from my various source I will put up for you, and don't forget about out Tri-Ni-Ty blog, they of course came with us so check out the link down the side for their version of events! ---->
Wow - nice blog Louisa - Glad Roots was challenging for you and I like your positive outlook even though things are not perfect -they never will be - not here anyway :). Feel the need to shout at you - Be encouraged and persevere!! Seeing Jesus in other people is a great encouragement to me too. Keep seeking and you will find - in the meantime choosing to worship God anyway is an awesome response. 2 other comments - no need to ever apologise for being loved up (to God or Steven) and I'm sorry but you're wrong - you can never play too much monopoly :)Roots highlighted my struggle in my spiritual life, but I don't want to take this as a negative, even though I am struggling, I know God is in my life, for he's living in those around me, I see Jesus in the people closest to me, they are my hope. God places people in my life just where I need them, just when I need them. His presence is not lost, my outlook is a positive one, I just need encouragement to persevere. Anyway I just want to thank God for one extremely special person, and that is my darling Steevy, your timing in my life couldn't be more perfect, therefore I know you're God given as we all know you're far from perfect :p but I love you, and to me you are just perfect (I do apologies if that's too sentimental for any of you out there, but what can I say, I'm feeling rather loved up!)
Anyway, I have some great pictures of our weekend away which when I have collected from my various source I will put up for you, and don't forget about out Tri-Ni-Ty blog, they of course came with us so check out the link down the side for their version of events! ---->
