Thursday, November 16, 2006
stop! think!
I want you to do this with an open mind..
Firstly, I want you to answer these questions for yourself (below)..
After this, I want you to think about how someone of a very different view might answer this question..
Now the important bit, I want you to really try and understand how that other view, which is so very different to yours, could be believable to that person? How they could be as passionate about their answer as you are? Why are you so passionate about your view? What has influenced you? What do you think could have influenced the other persons view?
Ok, here goes..
Is there a God?
Was Jesus just a man?
Was the world made?
Is God present in the world?
Does God answer prayer?
I think that this is a really useful exercise to do, I am required to do this a lot in my theology course, and I have found it a very good thing. Trying to get my head around other peoples views is a very difficult thing to do when you have had something drummed into you from very early on and I feel its a very good thing to actually think about why we hold such strong views on certain things..just a thought..
NO POSTS FOR OVER 2 MONTHS.Firstly, I want you to answer these questions for yourself (below)..
After this, I want you to think about how someone of a very different view might answer this question..
Now the important bit, I want you to really try and understand how that other view, which is so very different to yours, could be believable to that person? How they could be as passionate about their answer as you are? Why are you so passionate about your view? What has influenced you? What do you think could have influenced the other persons view?
Ok, here goes..
Is there a God?
Was Jesus just a man?
Was the world made?
Is God present in the world?
Does God answer prayer?
I think that this is a really useful exercise to do, I am required to do this a lot in my theology course, and I have found it a very good thing. Trying to get my head around other peoples views is a very difficult thing to do when you have had something drummed into you from very early on and I feel its a very good thing to actually think about why we hold such strong views on certain things..just a thought..
TUT TUT

